TryMunity helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Why “Thank God I survived” or “God knows best” is a terrible thing to say in the aftermath of a fatal disaster.

I am sorry, I have been in a coma just as most of you on here. When I read here, "thank God I survived" it just baffles me. I survived and I in no way thank God, or any god(s. I survived because the statistical odds were in my favour of surviving.
I look forward to hearing what anyone else things on this.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/22/why-thank-god-i-survived-or-god-knows-best-is-a-terrible-thing-to-say-in-the-aftermath-of-a-fatal-disaster/
Topics: god, perspective, death
Many people take comfort in their belief in God during times of trial. When they need to summon courage for a difficult task, they want to feel that someone else is with them, inside them. I am not a survivor, but I am interested in everyone's perspectives as I am writing about TBI - if you didn't rely on God, or any other mystic belief, what did you rely on? (I mean when the present moment seemed too overwhelming.)

I ask with all due respect to your process - I am not trying to stoke an argument. Truly interested in how atheists approach survival.
I am not trying to invoke an argument either. Nor do I claim to be the all knowing atheist, as there are many different viewpoints on that subject, just as there are in Christianity. I welcome discussions on the topic.
I think though, this site, and your beliefs on the use of God here, hinder personal progress. It fills a persons head with false hopes and answers.

You are very true, many people do take comfort in their beliefs in God... or gods. Do you think Christians are the only ones who have TBIs though?
When I had a difficult task, such as going back to college to get another degree, I knew I was the only one who could complete such a task. It wasn't going to be just given to me. I wasn't going to just through my hands up in the air and let God sort it all out. I knew I was the only one who was going to read the books. I was the only one who was going to take the exams and write my senior practicum; In which I proved through statistics and Geographic Information Systems, that belief in God does not increase a persons odds in living a longer, more fruitful, life without a shadow of a doubt. That's the power of GIS. Tongue

But to answer your question, my friends and family helped me through the difficult times I suppose. Though really, when it comes down to it, it was just myself.

I am not trying to invoke an argument either. Nor do I claim to be the all knowing atheist, as there are many different viewpoints on that subject, just as there are in Christianity. I welcome discussions on the topic.
I think though, this site, and your beliefs on the use of God here, hinder personal progress. It fills a persons head with false hopes and answers.

You are very true, many people do take comfort in their beliefs in God... or gods. Do you think Christians are the only ones who have TBIs though?
When I had a difficult task, such as going back to college to get another degree, I knew I was the only one who could complete such a task. It wasn't going to be just given to me. I wasn't going to just through my hands up in the air and let God sort it all out. I knew I was the only one who was going to read the books. I was the only one who was going to take the exams and write my senior practicum; In which I proved through statistics and Geographic Information Systems, that belief in God does not increase a persons odds in living a longer, more fruitful, life without a shadow of a doubt. That's the power of GIS. Tongue

But to answer your question, my friends and family helped me through the difficult times I suppose. Though really, when it comes down to it, it was just myself.

YERT~
I'M TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS SO IT WILL BE EASIER FOR ME TO SEE WHERE MY COMMENTS ARE IN RELATION TO YOURS.
I'M NOT QUITE SURE WHO YOUR COMMENTS WERE MADE FOR (BECAUSE I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THIS SITE) OR IF THEY WERE JUST 'GENERAL' COMMENTS.
I'M NOT TRYING TO INVOKE AN ARGUMENT WITH YOU, OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. I WILL COMMENT, MY THOUGHTS/BELIEFS ONLY, ON WHAT YOU HAVE SAID.
IF YOU ARE AN ATHEIST, THEN YOU, BY ADMITTANCE OF BEING AN ATHEIST, ARE BY NO MEANS AN "ALL KNOWING" ANYTHING. THAT'S MY BELIEF BECAUSE I AM A BELIEVER AND BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT GOD IS THE ONLY BEING THAT IS ALL KNOWING. THAT'S CALLED OMNISCIENT. THERE IS NOTHING YOU, OR ANYBODY ELSE, COULD EVER SAY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE DIFFERENTLY. NOR AM I TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU OF BELIEVING DIFFERENTLY. LET'S JUST SAY FOR 'ARGUMENTS SAKE' THAT THERE IS NO GOD. WELL I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY EARTHLY LIFE WITH A BELIEF IN GOD THAN TO DIE AND FIND OUT, THROUGH ETERNITY, THAT THERE REALLY IS A GOD.
I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY 'PERSONAL PROGRESS.' MY BELIEF IS THAT IF A PERSON IS TRYING TO PROGRESS THEMSELVES PERSONALLY THEN THEY'RE NOT A BELIEVER BECAUSE IF THEY WANTED TO INVEST THEIR ENERGIES THEN THEY SHOULD BE TRYING TO PROGRESS GOD/JESUS AND NOT THEMSELVES.
TRYING TO PROGRESS ONESELF PERSONALLY IS FILLING THEMSELVES WITH FALSE HOPES AND ANSWERS.
AS A BELIEVER, THERE IS ONLY ONE HOPE AND ONE ANSWER, AND THAT IS JESUS.
NO, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT CHRISTIANS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE/GET TBI'S.
ALTHOUGH I DO BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL USE THOSE BELIEVERS WITH TBI'S TO BRING HIM GLORY. DO I BELIEVE GOD CAUSES (OR ALLOWS) TBI'S? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! BUT, I DO BELIEVE HE WILL USE ALL BELIEVERS (WITH OR WITHOUT A TBI) WHO LOVE HIM AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE TO FULFILL HIS DESIGN/PLAN FOR THEIR LIFE.
SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 THERE IS A MOVIE BY KIRK CAMERON SHOWING AND IT IS CALLED 'UNSTOPPABLE.' I'M GOING TO SEE IT. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT 'WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE.'
IF THERE IS EVIL, THERE IS GOOD. IF A PERSON HAS A FRIEND THEN THEY MOST LIKELY HAVE A FOE. WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS THAT THERE ARE TWO FORCES (GOOD & EVIL) PRESENT, WHETHER OR NOT A PERSON WANTS TO ADMIT IT; THEIR 'BELIEF' DOESN'T CHANGE THE 'FACT.' IN ORDER FOR A PERSON TO 'KNOW' GOOD, THEN THEY HAVE TO 'KNOW' EVIL.
I MUST, AND WANT TO COMPLEMENT YOU, FOR GOING BACK TO SCHOOL. I'M ASSUMING THAT YOU WENT BACK TO SCHOOL POST TBI. KUDOS TO YOU. I KNOW HOW I FEEL (POST TBI), AND I CAN'T IMAGINE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL.
I KNOW WHAT YOU RECEIVED WAS NOT JUST GOING TO BE HANDED TO YOU. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOING IT YOURSELF AND DOING IT WITH THE HELP OR PRESENCE OF GOD. I, FOR ONE, WOULD NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT GOD. I ASK THE QUESTION: WHY WOULD SOMEONE, ANYONE, WANT TO? WHEN ONE'S LIFE COMES TO AN END, IT'S NOT GOING TO MATTER WHAT AMOUNT OF MONEY WAS IN THEIR BANK ACCOUNT, WHAT KIND OF HOUSE THEY LIVED IN, WHAT KIND OF CAR THEY DROVE; THE ONLY THING THAT'S GOING TO MATTER, THAT'S GOING TO BE REMEMBERED, IS WHO THEY HELPED.
I AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT: belief in God does not increase a persons odds in living a longer, more fruitful, life without a shadow of a doubt.
WHAT ABOUT MEANINGFUL?
That's the power of GIS.
WHAT IS GIS?
I'M GLAD THAT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY HELPED YOU.
I DO NOT AGREE/ARRIRM WITH YOUR STATEMENT: Though really, when it comes down to it, it was just myself.
I'M SORRY THAT YOU EQUATE YOURSELF TO A GOD. NOTICE I DIDN'T SAY 'GOD,' I SAID 'A GOD.'
THAT'S PROBABLY A VERY LONELY PLACE TO BE. I HOPE YOURSELF IS GOOD COMPANY.

I WILL THOROUGHLY UNDERSTAND IF YOU DE-FREIEND ME.

I DO WISH YOU BLESSINGS.

SEARCH Nick Vujicic Life Without Limbs
HE IS SOMEONE WHO I WOULD THINK HAS EVERY HUMANLY RIGHT TO QUESTION GOD, BUT HE DOESN'T. HE'S A STRONG BELIEVER
Jodi Jizmejian

YERT~
I'M TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS SO IT WILL BE EASIER FOR ME TO SEE WHERE MY COMMENTS ARE IN RELATION TO YOURS.
I'M NOT QUITE SURE WHO YOUR COMMENTS WERE MADE FOR (BECAUSE I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THIS SITE) OR IF THEY WERE JUST 'GENERAL' COMMENTS.
I'M NOT TRYING TO INVOKE AN ARGUMENT WITH YOU, OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. I WILL COMMENT, MY THOUGHTS/BELIEFS ONLY, ON WHAT YOU HAVE SAID.
IF YOU ARE AN ATHEIST, THEN YOU, BY ADMITTANCE OF BEING AN ATHEIST, ARE BY NO MEANS AN "ALL KNOWING" ANYTHING. THAT'S MY BELIEF BECAUSE I AM A BELIEVER AND BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT GOD IS THE ONLY BEING THAT IS ALL KNOWING. THAT'S CALLED OMNISCIENT. THERE IS NOTHING YOU, OR ANYBODY ELSE, COULD EVER SAY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE DIFFERENTLY. NOR AM I TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU OF BELIEVING DIFFERENTLY. LET'S JUST SAY FOR 'ARGUMENTS SAKE' THAT THERE IS NO GOD. WELL I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY EARTHLY LIFE WITH A BELIEF IN GOD THAN TO DIE AND FIND OUT, THROUGH ETERNITY, THAT THERE REALLY IS A GOD.
I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY 'PERSONAL PROGRESS.' MY BELIEF IS THAT IF A PERSON IS TRYING TO PROGRESS THEMSELVES PERSONALLY THEN THEY'RE NOT A BELIEVER BECAUSE IF THEY WANTED TO INVEST THEIR ENERGIES THEN THEY SHOULD BE TRYING TO PROGRESS GOD/JESUS AND NOT THEMSELVES.
TRYING TO PROGRESS ONESELF PERSONALLY IS FILLING THEMSELVES WITH FALSE HOPES AND ANSWERS.
ALTHOUGH I DO BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL USE THOSE BELIEVERS WITH TBI'S TO BRING HIM GLORY. DO I BELIEVE GOD CAUSES (OR ALLOWS) TBI'S? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! BUT, I DO BELIEVE HE WILL USE ALL BELIEVERS (WITH OR WITHOUT A TBI) WHO LOVE HIM AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE TO FULFILL HIS DESIGN/PLAN FOR THEIR LIFE.
SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 THERE IS A MOVIE BY KIRK CAMERON SHOWING AND IT IS CALLED 'UNSTOPPABLE.' I'M GOING TO SEE IT. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT 'WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE.'
IF THERE IS EVIL, THERE IS GOOD. IF A PERSON HAS A FRIEND THEN THEY MOST LIKELY HAVE A FOE. WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS THAT THERE ARE TWO FORCES (GOOD & EVIL) PRESENT, WHETHER OR NOT A PERSON WANTS TO ADMIT IT; THEIR 'BELIEF' DOESN'T CHANGE THE 'FACT.' IN ORDER FOR A PERSON TO 'KNOW' GOOD, THEN THEY HAVE TO 'KNOW' EVIL.
I MUST, AND WANT TO COMPLEMENT YOU, FOR GOING BACK TO SCHOOL. I'M ASSUMING THAT YOU WENT BACK TO SCHOOL POST TBI. KUDOS TO YOU. I KNOW HOW I FEEL (POST TBI), AND I CAN'T IMAGINE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL.
I KNOW WHAT YOU RECEIVED WAS NOT JUST GOING TO BE HANDED TO YOU. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOING IT YOURSELF AND DOING IT WITH THE HELP OR PRESENCE OF GOD. I, FOR ONE, WOULD NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT GOD. I ASK THE QUESTION: WHY WOULD SOMEONE, ANYONE, WANT TO? WHEN ONE'S LIFE COMES TO AN END, IT'S NOT GOING TO MATTER WHAT AMOUNT OF MONEY WAS IN THEIR BANK ACCOUNT, WHAT KIND OF HOUSE THEY LIVED IN, WHAT KIND OF CAR THEY DROVE; THE ONLY THING THAT'S GOING TO MATTER, THAT'S GOING TO BE REMEMBERED, IS WHO THEY HELPED.
I AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT: belief in God does not increase a persons odds in living a longer, more fruitful, life without a shadow of a doubt.
WHAT ABOUT MEANINGFUL?
That's the power of GIS.
WHAT IS GIS?
I DO NOT AGREE/ARRIRM WITH YOUR STATEMENT: Though really, when it comes down to it, it was just myself.
I'M SORRY THAT YOU EQUATE YOURSELF TO A GOD. NOTICE I DIDN'T SAY 'GOD,' I SAID 'A GOD.'
I DO WISH YOU BLESSINGS.
HE IS SOMEONE WHO I WOULD THINK HAS EVERY HUMANLY RIGHT TO QUESTION GOD, BUT HE DOESN'T. HE'S A STRONG BELIEVER

Yert,
I'm posting this a little bit after I posted the above.
Please watch: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KDPPZ7NX
This is why I said: WELL I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY EARTHLY LIFE WITH A BELIEF IN GOD THAN TO DIE AND FIND OUT, THROUGH ETERNITY, THAT THERE REALLY IS A GOD.
When I watched this I was bawling.
Jodi Jizmejian

Yert,
I'm posting this a little bit after I posted the above.
Please watch: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KDPPZ7NX
This is why I said: WELL I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY EARTHLY LIFE WITH A BELIEF IN GOD THAN TO DIE AND FIND OUT, THROUGH ETERNITY, THAT THERE REALLY IS A GOD.
When I watched this I was bawling.

To answer your questions succinctly, I have distinguished our two dialogues via colours to better comment on each point you have made here; thus making it easier to follow.

YERT~

My comments were made to whoever wished to view them. I put them in the ‘General’ topics because I did not feel there was a place for them anywhere else on the site.

I'M NOT TRYING TO INVOKE AN ARGUMENT WITH YOU, OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.I WILL COMMENT, MY THOUGHTS/BELIEFS ONLY, ON WHAT YOU HAVE SAID. IF YOU ARE AN ATHEIST, THEN YOU, BY ADMITTANCE OF BEING AN ATHEIST, ARE BY NO MEANS AN "ALL KNOWING" ANYTHING.

I am all knowing of what I think and believe. Tongue

THAT'S MY BELIEF BECAUSE I AM A BELIEVER AND BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT GOD IS THE ONLY BEING THAT IS ALL KNOWING. THAT'S CALLED OMNISCIENT. THERE IS NOTHING YOU, OR ANYBODY ELSE, COULD EVER SAY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE DIFFERENTLY. NOR AM I TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU OF BELIEVING DIFFERENTLY.
If God is omnipotent, why doesn’t he heal amputees then? Unless you take the time to intelligently analyze this situation, it looks ambiguous. God might have miraculously cured your disease, as many Christians believe. But God might also be imaginary, and the chemotherapy drugs and surgery are the things that cured you. Or your body's immune system might have cured the cancer itself.
When your tumor disappeared, in other words, it might simply have been a complete coincidence that you happened to pray. Your prayer may have had zero affect.
How can we determine whether it is God or coincidence that worked the cure? One way is to eliminate the ambiguity. In a non-ambiguous situation, there is no potential for coincidence. Because there is no ambiguity, we can actually know whether God is answering the prayer or not.
That is what we are doing when we look at amputees.
Think about it this way. The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. For example, in Mark 11:24 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." And billions of Christians believe these promises. You can find thousands of books, magazine articles and web sites talking about the power of prayer. According to believers, God is answering millions of their prayers every day.
So what should happen if we pray to God to restore amputated limbs? Clearly, if God is real, limbs should regenerate through prayer. In reality, they do not.
Why not? Because God is imaginary. Notice that there is zero ambiguity in this situation. There is only one way for a limb to regenerate through prayer: God must exist and God must answer prayers.

LET'S JUST SAY FOR 'ARGUMENTS SAKE' THAT THERE IS NO GOD. WELL I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY EARTHLY LIFE WITH A BELIEF IN GOD THAN TO DIE AND FIND OUT, THROUGH ETERNITY, THAT THERE REALLY IS A GOD.

So you believe in God, “just in case”? This sounds a lot like the argument of Pascal’s Wager, and a weak on at that.

I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY 'PERSONAL PROGRESS.'

‘Personal progress’ is any progress a person can make for the better. And each of these are ‘personal’ because what is progress to you is different that what progress to me would be. And so it is just relative.

MY BELIEF IS THAT IF A PERSON IS TRYING TO PROGRESS THEMSELVES PERSONALLY THEN THEY'RE NOT A BELIEVER BECAUSE IF THEY WANTED TO INVEST THEIR ENERGIES THEN THEY SHOULD BE TRYING TO PROGRESS GOD/JESUS AND NOT THEMSELVES.

Actually no, no it is not. I in no way am “filling myself with false hopes and answers.” I am a living testament to that.

Are you delusional? Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans.

ALTHOUGH I DO BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL USE THOSE BELIEVERS WITH TBI'S TO BRING HIM GLORY.

So basically you are saying that everyone with a TBI, or died as a result of, is sacrificing themselves for the glory of God? That sounds a little ludicrous. You know people can be put into mental hospitals for stuff like that now days. Have you been in one, are you recovering?

DO I BELIEVE GOD CAUSES (OR ALLOWS) TBI'S? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! BUT, I DO BELIEVE HE WILL USE ALL BELIEVERS (WITH OR WITHOUT A TBI) WHO LOVE HIM AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE TO FULFILL HIS DESIGN/PLAN FOR THEIR LIFE.

Again, you are delusional and out of touch with reality.

I have not seen Kirk Cameron since he was in Growing Pains. But a quick google search shows that he is just leading his flock around preying on their beliefs to make money after his Hollywood career. He is also out of touch, or he is doing it all for the money. Either way, here is my response to the question, “Why bad things happen to good people” click the link below.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/03/28/why-does-god-let-bad-things-happen-to-good-people/

I KNOW WHAT YOU RECEIVED WAS NOT JUST GOING TO BE HANDED TO YOU. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOING IT YOURSELF AND DOING IT WITH THE HELP OR PRESENCE OF GOD.

Dear sir, God was not present not with me whist I went back to school, no more than Zeus was, Krishna, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I, FOR ONE, WOULD NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT GOD. I ASK THE QUESTION: WHY WOULD SOMEONE, ANYONE, WANT TO?

For those reasons, I have previously answered above. It is because God is imaginary.

WHEN ONE'S LIFE COMES TO AN END, IT'S NOT GOING TO MATTER WHAT AMOUNT OF MONEY WAS IN THEIR BANK ACCOUNT, WHAT KIND OF HOUSE THEY LIVED IN, WHAT KIND OF CAR THEY DROVE; THE ONLY THING THAT'S GOING TO MATTER, THAT'S GOING TO BE REMEMBERED, IS WHO THEY HELPED. I AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT: belief in God does not increase a persons odds in living a longer, more fruitful, life without a shadow of a doubt.
WHAT ABOUT MEANINGFUL?

What about delusional? Because that is what you really are suffering from here it seems.

That's the power of GIS.
WHAT IS GIS?

Geographic Information Systems. I stated that it is earlier. Google it.

Though I am a bit baffled, I do not appreciate you saying I am a god because I did things on my own. Anyone could do it. Though it did take the State of Tennessee’s decision in order for me being able to pay for my second degree after my coma.

I DO WISH YOU BLESSINGS.

Why would I de-friend you? You keep me in touch with the delusionment angle of people being at the bottom being at a point where they have nowhere else to turn but to an imaginary being.

I will look have to look this up. He has every right to do as he pleases with his life. You see, I did/do question such beliefs.

Thank you for reading this and have a good day, Jodi Jizmejian.
Jodi, I think you posted the same post twice. And there's no real need for the Caps, as your profile picture goes beside each comment you post. The post colors also alternate, black and white backgrounds.

I don't think Yert was equating himself to a God, I think he was saying his recovery experience was his own. That is a fine belief to have and I'm not sure some of what you said was warranted, as it seemed scornful of his position ("I hope yourself is good company"). If you believe God is with him and in his recovery truly, you can rest assured of your belief and let Yert have his. It is not up to you to change his mind or come to your way of belief.

It seems there is a difficult line to be walked in recovery - how much is on me, and how much is on others (God, gods, friends) to assist me?

I think that is what we are getting at here in this discussion, which is not about attack or defense of anyone's beliefs, but rather, how the process and negotiation of belief played out during such a difficult time, when the brain was compromised.

I am interested to hear what you have to say about that, Jodi. Thanks.
I do apologize if I posted my message twice. I did not mean to. I do know that I went back and posted something different after I posted my original message. Maybe it re-posted my original message when I went back and posted something new. I don't know. I'm still learning how this site works and I don't know if once I think I have it figured out, if I'll really have it figured out.

The reason I had my message in ALL CAPS was explained to Yert in my original message to him.

I believe that I did not say that he thought of himself as a god, but rather I thought I said (or should have said) that people that believe that way equate themselves to a god.

I agree with your comment: "recovery experience was his own. That is a fine belief to have"

You wrote: "If you believe God is with him and in his recovery truly, you can rest assured of your belief and let Yert have his. It is not up to you to change his mind or come to your way of belief."

I do not believe God is with Yert because Yert himself admitted to being an atheist. I do have my belief and Yert has his. One is not right and one is not wrong; they are just different.

I am not trying to change his mind nor trying to get him to come to my belief. He is the one that posted a comment to his original post. I responded to his comments because I didn't know if they were directed to me personally or just in 'general.' Yert clarified that his comments were in general. I personally think that Yert has me confused with someone else because in his comments to me he refers to my 'tumor.' I have never had a tumor.

I think a person's recovery is going to be unique to that person because I believe every TBI is unique. I do know it's going to take time. How much time? No one has that answer because every TBI is unique. Is there ever a time when a person is "completely" healed from a TBI? I don't know, but I think not. I think nobody knows. I think once a person has a TBI they will always be considered by whoever to have a TBI, or as a TBI.

I have no intention nor desire to attack nor defend anyone's belief.

Katherine, I hope my comments have helped to clarify my thoughts.
Jodi Jizmejian
Thank you. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and consideration in preparing your dialogue in a different color. My vision is still not where it was and there's no way for me to know if it will ever return to pre-TBI condition.

Thank you for clarifying your comment as in the 'general' topic.

Yes, you are all knowing of what you think and believe.

Why doesn't God heal amputees? It's not for me to try and figure out.

I am confused why you wrote: "God might have miraculously cured your disease . . ."
I did not have a disease. I am a TBI, and TBI is not a disease, and I am no where "healed."

You can choose to believe that God is imaginary. And I can choose to believe that God is not imaginary. You are not 'right' or 'wrong.' Nor I am not 'right or 'wrong.' We are different. You are 'right' for you, and I am 'right' for me.

I most likely did not explain: "I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY EARTHLY LIFE WITH A BELIEF IN GOD THAN TO DIE AND FIND OUT, THROUGH ETERNITY, THAT THERE REALLY IS A GOD." the way I meant.

I believe in God [period]. Not "just in case."

Thank you for clarifying 'personal progress.'

What I wrote: (TRYING TO PROGRESS ONESELF PERSONALLY IS FILLING THEMSELVES WITH FALSE HOPES AND ANSWERS.) didn't really make sense when I wrote it nor does it make sense now.

What I wrote: "AS A BELIEVER, THERE IS ONLY ONE HOPE AND ONE ANSWER, AND THAT IS JESUS." I still believe that.

Of course I'm going to say and think that I'm not delusional. Just like you're going to think about me whatever you choose irregardless of what I say.

No I didn't say/write "everyone with a TBI, or died as a result of, is sacrificing themselves for the glory of God?" I wrote: "NO, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT CHRISTIANS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE/GET TBI'S. ALTHOUGH I DO BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL USE THOSE BELIEVERS WITH TBI'S TO BRING HIM GLORY."

You are free to choose to believe that it sounds ludicrous to you.

No, I have not been in a mental hospital. And no I am not recovering. Although if believing that would make you "feel" better, you can believe that if you desire.

Last time I checked, Kirk Cameron was an actor/producer, not a shepherd, so what flock are you referring to? Please don't answer that. That's just a hypothetical question that I really don't want your answer to.

Thanks for your mental help in my healing process. Responding/communicating with you is good work for my brain.

Regards,
Jodi
Jodi Jizmejian
I spoke with God he told me I'd survive and have a son that was/is going to be a fisherman
Because otherwise you wouldn't be here asking that question can you even imagine not existing?
i am a 21 yr old from the north hills of pittsburgh PA and am looking for friends dealing with similair troubles; problems and advice!